Hey anglers! In our first large patch for DREDGE, we’re adding a much-requested map feature and making some quality of life adjustments and bug fixes. Check out the video above to see how map markers work, then read on for the detailed notes.
- Added advanced map functionality
- The map can now be zoomed and scrolled.
- 6 different types of markers can now be added to the map.
- A total of 50 markers can be added to the map.
- Markers can be viewed through the Spyglass.
- Removed timers on timed quests (Hooded Figures, Castaway)
- The book rewards for the Hooded Figures’ quests have been retroactively awarded to players who already exceeded these timers.
- The Travelling Merchant now always stocks 1x Research Part every day, with a 50% chance of stocking 2x.
- All basic material spots (Lumber, Scrap and Cloth) now restock over time.
- Doubled the chance of finding an aberration of trawl-only species (Aurora Jellyfish, Anchovy)
- From now on, shops will retain unique equipment sold to them, allowing them to be bought back if you change your mind.
- Made it harder to accidentally discard important items
- Items such as equipment and quest items now take longer to discard and flash the prompt as the button is held.
- Rot is now faster to discard.
- Moved 3 Loosejaw spawns in Stellar Basin to make them easier to locate.
- The description of a few quest items now update to let you know they can be discarded when they are no longer needed.
- The Research button now highlights itself to draw attention in some situations:
- After players have been given their first research part.
- After the Researcher tells players to upgrade a certain piece of equipment in Stellar Basin.
- When using a controller, the icons that prompt you to switch sides (L3/R3) now flash until they’ve been used at least once.
- Removed a destructible wall in Gale Cliffs.
- Increased the visibility of glowing quest item VFX.
- Items from the Blackstone Key DLC can now be sold for a tiny amount of money.
- The height of the spyglass has been raised slightly.
- It should be slightly easier to locate and focus on fishing spots.
- Fixed a rare issue where save files could become corrupted on PC, which also prevented new save files from being created. (PC only)
- If you load the game with any save files that have already been corrupted, the game will remove these files and allow you to create a new save.
- Players still experiencing issues with the game not loading should delete their settings file.
- Fixed a rare issue where some equipment could go missing when upgrading to a larger hull.
- Added a fallback system to hold excess items in extreme cases.
- Missing dredge cranes have been restored to players affected by this bug. (Consoles only, PC received this fix in v1.0.4)
- Fixed an issue where the Prey Sighted and Servant of the Shrines achievements would not unlock correctly.
- Fixed a typo where the Researcher was asking for a “Stoplight” Loosejaw.
- Fixed an issue where more than 5 trinkets could not be sold at a time to the Trader when playing in Russian.
- Fixed a few localization issues.
- Added 4 missing Playtester credits
Additionally, we’ve added a speculative fix for players who suddenly find themselves unable to use their abilities. If you’re experiencing this issue, please reach out to Team17 customer support and send us your save file so we can better identify the issue.